Q&A Where can I apply when I am registered?

Where can I apply for a certificate of conduct when I'm registered at the Municipal authorities?

You can apply for a certificate of conduct at the Population Affairs Department (Burgerzaken/Publiekszaken) of the municipality where you are registered in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP).

When you apply for a certificate of conduct you must bring:

  • a fully completed application form:
    Data applicant (section 1)
    Data organisation/establishment (section 2). If it’s not possible to obtain a signature on behalf of the organisation /body at section 2 (e.g. if you need a VOG for a workpermit/visa), you have to fill out the sections 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 or 2.4. yourself . In this case replace section 2.6 with a document. This document can be a letter, e-mail of webpage (e.g. form an embassy) which states the VOG is necessary for the purpose of your application.
    You need to bring all 6 pages of the application form;
  • an official document which states the purpose of your application, provided by the interested party;
  • a valid passport or identification card/ID/identity document;
  • the administrative expenses of €41,35.

All this information is sent to Justis which issues certificates on behalf of the State Secretary.